km. Current military actions and statements suggest that an attack by Syrian troops – together with armed forces from Russia and Iran – on the northern Syrian city of Idlib is imminent. At the meeting of the presidents of Iran, Russia and Turkey in Tehran on 7 September 2018, there was a joint final declaration (see box) and also a joint criticism of the USA’s previous Syria policy, but the Turkish president did not agree to the planned attack on Idlib. The situation in Idlib is extremely complex. First, according to corresponding statements from East and West, there are many thousands of fighters in Idlib who are also assigned to terrorist groups on the Western side. Secondly, there are many civilians in the city and region who would most probably be affected by a military action. Many of them will want to flee the city and the region. Thirdly, the fighters in Idlib are trying to persuade NATO and above all the US to intervene militarily on their side – and even the forces in the NATO states, which do not want to admit their defeat in Syria, are pushing their forces to intervene massively. And now the German Ministry of Defense has also anonced its readyness for war. If one believes reports from the Russian side, there is evidence that a chemical attack on Idlib is being staged and that the Syrian armed forces are to be held responsible so that exactly this intervention can take place – which can plunge the world into a great war. Already bevorehand, these Russian reports are called false reports by the West. The following text was written by the Russian news agency Sputnik:
At a meeting in Idlib, terrorist groups and “White Helmets” have approved scenarios for shooting the staged “incidents” with alleged use of toxins by Syrian troops. This was explained on Saturday by the official spokesman of the Russian Ministry of Defence, Major General Igor Konashenkov.
“According to the irrefutable information available to the Russian Ministry of Defence, the leaders of the groups Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (Jebhat al-Nusra) and Hizb At-Turkestan Al-Islami (Turkestan Islamic Party), with the participation of the local coordinators of the Syrian Civil Defence (White Helmets), met on 7 September in the town of Idlib in a terrorist command post located in the ‘Al-Vachda’ school area”, Konashenkov said.
“At the meeting, the scenarios for filming the ‘incidents’ with alleged use of poison by Syrian government troops against civilians in the cities of Jisr al-Shughur, Saraqib, Taftanaz and Sarmin were finally agreed and approved”, he stressed.
The preparation of provocations with C-weapons in Idlib should be completed by the evening of 8 September. A signal for the beginning of the provocation should be a special order from some “foreign friends of the Syrian revolution”, Konashenkov said.
At the end of August Konashenkov had declared that terrorists of Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham would prepare a provocation. This was to accuse Damascus of using chemical weapons against civilians in the Syrian province of Idlib, which could then serve as a pretext for an attack on government objects in Syria by the US and its allies. For this purpose, said Konaschenkow, a US destroyer with 56 cruise missiles on board had arrived in the Persian Gulf and a type B-1B bomber had been transferred to the military base Al-Udeid in Qatar.
The White Helmets introduce themselves as protectors of the civilian population in Syria without a political agenda. However, the organisation is accused of distributing staged videos from Syria: Syrian journalists, for example, have shown several photos showing the “rescue forces” with weapons and in military uniforms. The Russian Foreign Ministry described the activity of the White Helmets as part of the smear campaign against the Syrian government. •
Source: https://de.sputniknews.com/politik/ 20180908322253613-idlib-terroristen-weisshelme/ from 8.9.2018
(Translation Current Concerns)
President of the Islamic Republic of Iran H.E. Hassan Rouhani, President of the Russian Federation H.E. Vladimir Putin and President of the Republic of Turkey H.E. Recep Tayyip Erdogan gathered in Tehran on 7 September 2018 for a Tripartite Summit.
Source: www.en.kremlin.ru/supplement/5337 from 7 September 2018
If you want to prevent the setting of cookies (for example, Google Analytics), you can set this up by using this browser add-on.